How to get a Washington State Fishing License to fish in Westport

I have had a few people ask me about getting a license when they come to fish we me so I just thought I would walk you through it.

What kind of license will I need?

Determine how many days you are going to fish. Licenses come in 1 day, 3 day, and yearly options. The 3 day license is for 3 consecutive days, so keep that in mind as you make your decision.

License are available for residents and non-residents of the state of Washington.

Most Charter offices in Westport have at least a 1 day license for purchase, but a yearly license can be bought at the Hungry Whale gas station, Harbor Resort, or at Ocean Charters next door to our store.

What do I need to get a license?

You will need a photo ID and the last 4 of your Social Security Number. 
CASH ONLY for purchase

Does my child need a license?

Kids 14 and under license are free, but they still have to have one.

Do I need a special license for crabbing or clamming?

If you plan to catch crab or dig clams while you are in town, ensure that you add Shellfish to your license.

What if I want to fish somewhere other than Westport?

There are slightly different requirements to fish in Puget Sound and the Columbia river, so make sure you get what you need or you can add it later. Please only get a Catch Record Card for what you are planning on fishing for with your license.

More Information

Visit to purchase your license before your trip or for more information